I grew up in DC and have lived in New Orleans and South Africa over the past few years. Now I'm back in school in the city where I grew up and I'm trying to get some races in, bring my times up and basically add a new level to my running game. I've been running inconsistency and then consistently for about 8 years but it's only recently that I've started taking it "seriously."
Here are a few other things that I am into when I'm not running:
- I am currently studying clinical international health sciences and spent time doing a fellowship in KZN, South Africa, but I also (kind of obviously) love to write.
- I also work at a bakery/ coffee shop--which means I have pretty steady access to caffeine and carbs=basically a runner/foodie heaven. It also means early work hours, which can sometimes mean even earlier runs, especially in the summer.
- There are two obsessions that rival my running obsession: cheese and travel--every time it's my birthday, christmas or any other event that might warrant gift exchange, I am sure to receive at least one gift related to cheese.
- Traveling is one of my most favorite things to do--and running is a GREAT way to take in new scenery and get the lay of the land. It's also a great way to do a little re-con for where you will be eating for the rest of the trip.
- As for adult beverages, I'm into them--especially red wine (and a good rose in the summer).
This blog is just because I like to run, eat, and write. And I want to document these things and if I'm lucky meet a greater community of likeminded friends!
Follow along on twitter: